COVID-19 update 2021: we are here for you during the current Level 5 restrictions.
While we are not able to meet people face-to-face currently, we're continuing to provide our services over the phone and online - and we've added some additional services to support the local community... you'll find specific contact details on each of the different service pages on this website or just give us a call on 01 286 8266.
We are also part of the Wicklow Community Response Forum, set up to respond to the needs of vulnerable members of our community during COVID-19.
We wish everybody well at this difficult time – we are all in this together – we will get through this - stay safe and protect each other.
Here are a few examples of how we have adapted our services recently:
- We've increased our information provision: on our own website (see our COVID-19 Information & Resources page) and via our BAP Facebook page, BAP LESN Facebook page, Disability Bray Facebook page and Wicklow Community Directory Facebook page - and via BAP Twitter, Disability Bray Twitter and Wicklow Community Directory Twitter pages... providing you with vital information to help you through these challenging times.
- Our Local Employment Service Network continues to provide supports to clients over the phone and online and shares job vacancies and other useful information for jobseekers in their window displays and via their Facebook page.
- Bray Community Enterprise is providing online information and supports to people interested in setting up their own business - including zoom meetings and online Start Your Own Business Bootcamps and workshops.
- Our Fáilte Isteach conversational English classes for migrants have gone online via Zoom!
- Our ASPIRE Well-being service is offering supports by phone and online Well-being and Walking programmes
- Our online Training for Work programme is offering online workshops - keep an eye on our Events page.
- Our Community Resilience Creative Workshops will help you relax and get creative.
- Our Bia project is delivering free meal packs and food parcels to individuals cocooning and people in need in Bray and North Wicklow.
- We've provided tablet smart devices for older people living in nursing homes to help them stay connected.
- Our SPECS family support project is connecting up with parents by phone and via online parenting tips and videos, is providing online parenting groups and training, and has delivered Wellbeing Packs and Children's Activity Packs to parents who are involved with the project.
- Our SEED project is providing phone and online mentoring and training to social enterprises.
- Networks we facilitate - such as our BAP Youth Mental Health Network and Youth Mental Health Network - are continuing to meet via Zoom so we can keep moving forward with our collaborative work in local communities.