Free 10-week EqualSkills basic computers course designed for those with no experience whatsoever of computers and the internet.
EqualSkills helps to remove the fear of using a computer for complete novices by using a simple approach to educate you in the basic skills of using a computer, email and the internet.
- It is a fun, informal and uncomplicated introduction to computers and the internet for complete beginners.
- It is designed to give an appreciation and basic understanding of computers and the Internet.
- It is designed to build confidence and provide a basis to encourage further exploration and development of computer and Internet skills.
Completing the EqualSkills programme enables learners to demonstrate they have a fundamental level of knowledge and skills in four areas:
- Parts of the Computer
- Getting Started
- The Keyboard
- Using the Mouse
The World Wide Web
- The WWW
- Web Browsers
Introduction to the Desktop
- Creating a Document
- File Types
- Email accounts
Who can do this course:
You can do this free course if you live in Bray, Delgany, Greystones, Kilcoole, Kilmananogue or Newcastle Lower, and belong to one or more of these groups:
- Disadvantaged family
- Lone parent
- New community - including refugees & asylum seekers and Romas
- Person living in disadvantaged communities
- Person with a disability
- Unemployed - including those not on the live register
- Low income worker or household
- Young unemployed person living in a disadvantaged area
- Young person aged 15-24 who is not in employment, education or training
Dates and venue:
One morning a week over 10 weeks. Week 1 starts: Tuesday, 26th September, 2017 from 9.30am – 12.30pm. Course finishes: Tuesday 28th November 2017.
Wicklow Trade Union Centre, Rear 97 Main Street, Bray.
Contact Jennifer Jones on 01 286 8266 to find out more and book your place.