Free six-week Parents Plus Adolescents Programme in Bray
Tuesday mornings 10am-12.30pm, from 26th February 2019 to 2nd April 2019.
An evidence-based parenting course that promotes effective communication and positive relationships in families with adolescents aged 11 to 16 years.
Suitable for parents and people caring for adolescents aged 11-16 years - including couples, lone parents, foster or step-parents, grandparents, other family members, all other guardians and carers of children.
Topics covered include:
- Getting to know and connecting with your teenager
- Communicating positively and effectively
- Building your teenager’s self-esteem and confidence
- Negotiating rules and boundaries
- Teaching teenagers responsibility
- Positive discipline for teenagers
- Managing conflict
- Solving problems together
“Since the programme I have succeeded in communicating more positively and avoid areas of conflict with my teenager”
“I have become a more confident parent”
“I really enjoyed talking to other parents who were going through the same thing”
Quotes from parents who have attended our Parenting Adolescents programme.
You must live in Bray or Greystones Municipal District and belong to one of these groups:
- Unemployed person
- Low Income Worker
- Disadvantaged Family
- Lone Parent
- New Community
- Person living in a disadvantaged area
- Person with a Disability
- Disadvantaged Children and Families
- Disadvantaged Women
- Substance Misusers
For more information or to reserve your place call Jennifer or Lorna: 01-2868266
This course is funded by SICAP - find out more about SICAP here.