Are you a small community or voluntary group based in the Bray or Greystones Municipal District areas and looking to improve your governance?
Our Good Governance: Effective Organisations programme will support you through the process of reviewing your organisation's current practices, policies, processes and structures with reference to the good governance principles outlined in the Governance Code.
Who is this programme for?
- You will be a small-medium-sized community group (eg with a small number of staff) working to support disadvantaged or marginalised groups, operating in the Bray or Greystones Municipal District areas of Co. Wicklow (Bray, Delgany, Greystones, Kilcoole, Kilmacanogue, Newcastle North).
- As this three-module programme is designed to offer real support to a very small group of participants, we are looking for groups who can really commit to sending two-three people (eg one staff member and two committee members) to all of the three evening sessions.
About the programme:
This free three-module programme will take you by the hand and guide you through what you need to do to improve the governance of your organisation. This is a great chance to get support with reviewing your current practices, policies, processes and structures.
Each 2.5-hour module will cover key elements of good governance and equip you with practical tasks and checklists to undertake before the next module eight weeks later. You will have plenty of time in between modules to put what you have learned into practice, and you’ll be able to bring back any issues that arose to the next module.
- Module 1: Overview of best practice in operating not-for-profit organisations and detail of Principle One of the Governance Code: Leadership;
- Module 2: Address issues that have arisen for you in carrying out tasks decided on in module 1. Principles 2 & 3 of the Governance Code: Exercising Control; Transparency and Accountability.
- Module 3: Address issues that have arisen with tasks from Modules 1 and 2. Principles 4 and 5 of the Governance Code: Effective Operations; Integrity.
The trainer is Senan Turnbull, an expert in the area of voluntary sector management.
How to apply:
Contact Michelle Rogers e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 01 286 8266.