Would you like to have the skills to help individuals you support in your service to move on and make positive change in their lives?
Do you work with clients in a community or voluntary group with a social inclusion focus in the Bray or Greystones areas?
Our free four-week Introduction to Motivational Interviewing course will give you a great base in Motivational Interviewing theory, skills and techniques.
What is Motivational Interviewing?
Motivational Interviewing (M.I.) is an evidence based, client-centered approach that elicits behavioral changes by assisting individuals to explore and resolve ambivalence. Research has shown this approach to be helpful with a wide spectrum of client populations and issues. The course will benefit professionals working with people where behaviour change would be favorable.
- Four-week online course one afternoon a week starting on 28th September 2021.
- Acquire a solid base of M.I. Theory, explore M.I. spirit, investigate opening strategies, intervention traps, negotiate resistance, develop and integrate skills and techniques to progress competency.
- Training delivered by Motivational Interviewing Ireland.
- Great mix of theory and practical exercises.
- Accredited with 12 CPD hours from the Addiction Counsellors of Ireland.
- You must be working in a community or voluntary organisation with a social inclusion focus, based in the Bray or Greystones Municipal District areas.
- Your organisation should nominate you to take part in the training.
- You will need access to a smart device to be able to take part online via Zoom.
This training is funded by our Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP).