Free six-week Parents Plus Parenting Adolescents programme in Bray. 18th September - 23rd October 2018. Tuesday mornings 10am-12.30pm.
Call Jennifer Jones or Lorna Lafferty on 01 286 8266 e: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the course and book a place if you think it's for you.
The Parents Plus Adolescents Programme supports parents in their valuable role of bringing up teenagers and helping them grow into confident well adjusted adults.
Suitable for parents and people caring for adolescents aged 11-16 years - including couples, lone parents, foster or step-parents, grandparents, other family members, all other guardians and carers of children. Topics covered include:
- Getting to know and connecting with your teenager
- Communicating positively and effectively
- Building your teenager’s self-esteem and confidence
- Negotiating rules and boundaries
- Teaching teenagers responsibility
- Positive discipline for teenagers
- Managing conflict
- Solving problems together
You must live in Bray or Greystones Municipal District and belong to one of these groups:
- Unemployed person
- Low Income Worker
- Disadvantaged Family
- Lone Parent
- New Community
- Person living in a disadvantaged area
- Person with a Disability
- Disadvantaged Children and Families
- Disadvantaged Women
- Substance Misusers