- network, discuss common issues, support one another and work together more effectively;
- identify local service gaps and policy issues that need addressing;
- take joint action to promote the full and equal participation of people with disabilities in the local community..
The work of the group is supported by Bray Area Partnership staff.
Over the years the group has taken a range of positive actions - from policy work and research on important issues at local and national level to addressing gaps in local services and initiating the set-up of new services and projects.
Recent work has included:
- Fun interactive Disability Awareness sessions in local schools, delivered by young people with disabilities;
- An innovative 'Speed Lobby' event where local people with disabilities lobbied General Election 2016 candidates on issues that affect their lives and asked what they would do about them if elected);
- Collaborative work to re-develop the Disability Bray website.
Disability Cluster Group members come from these organisations:
- Cairdeas Clubhouse members
- Co. Wicklow Volunteer Centre
- Disability Federation of Ireland
- Easi-Cab Accessible Travel Club
- EmployAbility Bray
- Festina Lente
- Lakers Special Sports Club
- National Learning Network
- Open Door Day Centre
- RehabCare Bray
- RehabCare Bray Service Users
- Sunbeam House Services
For more information about the work of this group contact Michelle at the Partnership on 01 286 8266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.