To protect our service-users and the wider community, Bray Community Enterprise (BCE) is closing its face-to-face services and postponing any training or group activities until further notice. BCE staff will still be at work and available to give you information and advice on starting your own business over the phone - just call 205 0111.
Some useful resources and supports:
- The new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is available to employees and self-employed people who are unemployed or who have their hours of work reduced during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
- Government supports for business who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- The Enterprise Ireland COVID-19 page has some good information for businesses.
- The COVID-19 Business Loan from Microfinance Ireland is a Government initiative to support Microenterprises through the current pandemic who are, or may be, impacted by the coronavirus in Ireland.
- HSE/HPSC Guidance for the Business and Retail Sector on the COVID-19 virus.
Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA)
COVID-19 - revised payment arrangements with immediate effect
Where self-employed participants of BTWEA have to cease trading because of the impact of social distancing, they can continue to receive their BTWEA weekly payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. No further action is required from the customer where they wish to continue on the scheme.
Where a participant in year two of their claim presents with financial difficulty (in receipt of a reduced 75% rate of payment), an adjustment can be made to their weekly rate on ISTS to revert to the year one rate of their claim (i.e. increase to 100%).
Where a customer’s BTWEA ends following the 2 year period they can be advised to apply for the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and Jobseekers supports.
About Bray Community Enterprise
Interested in setting up your own business?
If you are unemployed, getting a social welfare or disability payment, or a lone parent, our sister company Bray Community Enterprise can offer you the following free supports:
- One-to-one information and advice to help you explore the option of self-employment and plan and set up your business.
- Help to sign onto the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance - a DSP scheme that lets you start a business and keep your social welfare payments.
- Start your own business courses explore the option of self-employment, and learn about the key elements needed to set up your own business.
- Ongoing practical support and mentoring after you have set up your business, including workshops, seminars and peer support through the Early Stage Entrepreneurs Network.
Contact BCE on 01 2050111 to arrange an appointment.