Bray Community Enterprise (BCE) is currently providing services via phone calls and Zoom meetings, in addition to online training such as Start Your Own Business Bootcamps (see Events). BCE staff are at work and available to give you information and advice on starting your own business over the phone - just call 205 0111.
Some useful resources and supports:
- The new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is available to employees who have become unemployed and self-employed people whose business has had to cease trading during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. For further information and eligibility queries please contact your local Intreo office or call the DEASP Income Support Helpline for COVID-19 on 1890 800 024.
- Government supports for business who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- The new €250m Restart Grant provides direct grant aid to micro and small businesses to help with the costs associated with reopening and reemploying workers following COVID-19 closures.
- The Enterprise Ireland COVID-19 page has some good information for businesses.
- The COVID-19 Business Loan from Microfinance Ireland is a Government initiative to support Microenterprises through the current period of uncertainty.
- ISME Supports
Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA): COVID-19 revised payment arrangements with immediate effect
Where self-employed participants of BTWEA have to cease trading because of the impact of social distancing, they can continue to receive their weekly BTWEA payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
Where a customer’s BTWEA comes to an end they are advised to contact DEASP as they may be eligible to apply for the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and/or Jobseekers supports.
Clients may be eligible to apply for the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment in addition to a BTWEA payment if their business has ceased trading on or after 13th March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers are required to verify continued eligibility for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment by 13th July.
For further information please contact your local Intreo office or call the DEASP Income Support Helpline for COVID-19 on 1890 800 024.
About Bray Community Enterprise
Interested in setting up your own business?
If you are unemployed, getting a social welfare or disability payment, or a lone parent, our sister company Bray Community Enterprise can offer you the following free supports:
- One-to-one information and advice to help you explore the option of self-employment and plan and set up your business.
- Help to sign onto the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance - a DSP scheme that lets you start a business and keep your social welfare payments.
- Start your own business courses explore the option of self-employment, and learn about the key elements needed to set up your own business.
- Ongoing practical support and mentoring after you have set up your business, including workshops, seminars and peer support through the Early Stage Entrepreneurs Network.
Contact BCE on 01 2050111 to arrange an appointment.