Our Youth Mental Health Network is working to develop a whole community approach to youth mental health in the local area, and to bring a Jigsaw youth mental health project to Bray.
The network was set up after a suicide seminar we ran in 2010, where local young people told us what they wanted to see happen to support positive youth mental health in the local area.
Achievements to date include:
- Information sessions in the community on the Headstrong / Jigsaw approach to youth mental health
- Key community members taking part in the Headstrong Learning Network
- A number of Mental Health Seminars in Bray for young people organised and led by young people
- Support for local youth-led peer mental health group Be Well Bray to set up and run events
- Training for people from local community and youth groups who work with young people - including MindOUT tutor training, Jigsaw workshops on supporting young people's mental health, and a Connecting With Young Men on Wellbeing workshop
- A major seminar for community members to devise a collaborative whole community approach to local youth mental health
- Jigsaw youth mental health training programmes for young people and parents in local schools
- Ongoing work with the whole community to bring a Jigsaw youth mental health project to Bray
Contact Jennifer D'Arcy at the Partnership on 01 286 8266 or email email@example.com to find out more about this work.