Read our SICAP 2019 Case Study: Youth Mental Health Network HERE.
Journey to Jigsaw video
Our Youth Mental Health Network has been working for a number of years to develop a whole community approach to youth mental health and well-being in the local area, and to bring a Jigsaw youth mental health project to Bray.
We're delighted to say that this hard work led to the opening of a Wicklow Jigsaw service in Bray in 2021. Watch the video above to find out more about the collaborative approach that led to this success.
Our Youth Mental Health Network was set up some years back after a seminar we ran, where local young people told us what they wanted to see happen to support positive youth mental health in the local area.
Achievements to date include:
- Information sessions in the community on the Headstrong / Jigsaw approach to youth mental health
- Key community members taking part in the Headstrong Learning Network
- Facilitation of Mental Health Seminars in Bray for young people organised and led by young people
- Support for local youth-led peer mental health group Be Well Bray to set up and run events
- Training for people from local community and youth groups who work with young people - including MindOUT tutor training, Jigsaw workshops on supporting young people's mental health, and Connecting With Young Men on Wellbeing workshops
- A major seminar for community members to devise a collaborative whole community approach to local youth mental health
- Jigsaw youth mental health training programmes for young people and parents in local schools
- Ongoing work with the whole community to bring a Jigsaw youth mental health project to Bray
- Official announcement by Minister Simon Harris that the new Jigsaw project for Wicklow will open in Bray in 2020!
- Bray and Greystones Youth Mental Health Summit in collaboration with Jigsaw to consult with local young people in their issues and how they want the new Jigsaw service to look.
- Identifying suitable premises and the opening of a Wicklow Jigsaw service in Bray in 2021.
Contact Jennifer D'Arcy at the Partnership on 01 286 8266 or email email@example.com to find out more about this work.