Our community development work supports local people, community groups and communities to address issues in their lives and communities and take action to change their situation.
We do this by:
- supporting people who face exclusion to have a voice and take part in decision-making on issues that affect them;
- providing information, training and networking for community and voluntary groups to support them in their work;
- resourcing networks that bring people together to identify local issues and work jointly to tackle them;
- working with the whole community to identify local needs;
- supporting the set-up of initiatives and projects that meet these needs and tackle disadvantage and social exclusion;
- policy work to address issues that affect the people and communities we serve;
- providing direct services in the community.
Look at the pages in this section to find out more.