Our Fáilte Isteach conversational English classes still have some spaces for the term that started at the end of January (note: you must enrol before attending!). Classes take place in:
- St. Peter's Church Parish Centre Bray Wednesday night classes - see map here.
- Kilcoole Community Centre Wednesday morning classes - see map here.
- St Kilian's Community School Bray Thursday morning classes - see map here.
Call Lorna Lafferty or Jennifer Jones at the Partnership on 01 286 8266 to find out more about the classes and enrolment times.
NOTE: you must be aged 18 or over! You have to register with us and enrol before starting classes. We give priority to people from the groups listed below.
*The cost is just €3 a week to pay towards running costs.
Who can attend the classes?
You can attend these free classes if you live in Bray, Delgany, Greystones, Kilcoole, Kilmananogue or Newcastle Lower, and we give priority to people who belong to one or more of these groups:
- Disadvantaged children and families
- People living in disadvantaged communities
- Disadvantaged young people (aged 15-24)
- People with disabilities
- Disadvantaged women
- Lone parents
- People who are unemployed
- People who are disengaged from the labour market (economically inactive)
- Low income workers and households
- New communities
- Roma people
About Fáilte Isteach
Fáilte Isteach is a national Third Age Ireland initiative where people from local communities volunteer their time to teach practical conversational English to people from other countries who live in their community.
Bray Area Partnership runs projects in Bray and Kilcoole. Classes are free and take place in a friendly cafe style setting through small group conversations. Around 104 learners and 70 volunteer tutors have taken part in our Fáilte Isteach classes over the past year.