To protect our service-users and the wider community, our face-to-face Fáilte Isteach conversational English classes are closed until further notice - but we've gone online!
Our online group classes, via Zoom, are running on Monday evenings 7.30-8.30pm and Thursday mornings 9.30-10.30am. The new terms start on Monday 18th January and Thursday 21st January 2021.
Contact our Fáilte Isteach team to find out more or to sign up - call 01 286 8266 and speak to Lorna or Jennifer Jones. Stay safe everybody.
You can find COVID-19 information in different languages at this HSE COVID-19 Translated Resources page.
About Fáilte Isteach
Our Fáilte Isteach conversational English classes normally take place in the following centres, but we are only running online classes during COVID-19 restrictions.
- St. Peter's Church Parish Centre Bray Wednesday night classes - see map of venue here.
- Kilcoole Community Centre Wednesday morning classes - 9.30-11.30am - see map of venue here.
- St Kilian's Community School Bray Thursday morning classes - see map of venue here.
Call Lorna Lafferty or Jennifer Jones at the Partnership on 01 286 8266 to find out more about the classes and how to enrol.
NOTE: you must be aged 18 or over! You must register with us and enrol before starting classes. We give priority to people from the groups listed below.
*The cost is just €3 a week to pay towards running costs.
Who can attend the classes?
You can attend these free classes if you live in Bray, Delgany, Greystones, Kilcoole, Kilmananogue or Newcastle Lower, and we give priority to people who belong to one or more of these groups:
- Disadvantaged children and families
- People living in disadvantaged communities
- Disadvantaged young people (aged 15-24)
- People with disabilities
- Disadvantaged women
- Lone parents
- People who are unemployed
- People who are disengaged from the labour market (economically inactive)
- Low income workers and households
- New communities
- Roma people
About Fáilte Isteach
Fáilte Isteach is a national Third Age Ireland initiative where people from local communities volunteer their time to teach practical conversational English to people from other countries who live in their community.
Bray Area Partnership runs projects in Bray and Kilcoole. Classes are free and take place in a friendly cafe style setting through small group conversations. Around 104 learners and 70 volunteer tutors have taken part in our Fáilte Isteach classes over the past year.