Bray Area Partnership is a local development company working in the greater Bray and Greystones areas. We work to:
- tackle disadvantage and social exclusion in the local area;
- increase equality of access to information, basic services, education, training and employment for our most marginalised local individuals and groups; and
- empower local people and communities to have a say on issues that affect them, identify their own needs and make positive change in their lives.
We do this by:
- bringing together all sectors of the local community to identify the real needs and issues for our most disadvantaged groups and communities;
- using a joined up approach to take coherent joint action that will make a real difference, such as setting up focused initiatives, services and projects in the community;
- providing a range of direct services and supports to individuals and groups through our community, education, employment and enterprise programmes;
- bringing substantial funding and investment into the local area and providing funding to a range of vital local services;
- building the capacity of local people and communities to have a real say on issues that affect them and engage with statutory and community bodies and public representatives on the development and delivery of local and national services;
- promoting awareness, knowledge and uptake of the many statutory, voluntary and community services available to people in our community;
- ongoing policy work to bring about change that will improve the situation for the people, groups and communities we serve.
Our work is implemented through our support programmes in the areas of community and education, employment services and enterprise development.
We deliver the Government's Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) for the Greater Bray and Greystones areas.
The people we work with and provide services for are:
- Unemployed people
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Young people at risk
- Parents and carers of young people at risk
- Disadvantaged women
- Disadvantaged men
- Homeless people
- Low income households
- Substance misusers
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
Our vision is a strong, vibrant and inclusive society where everyone has an equal chance to achieve their potential and participate in the social, cultural and economic life of the community.
Our mission is to work in partnership with all sectors of the local community to achieve a more fair and inclusive society by increasing equal access to basic services, education, training and employment for marginalised individuals and groups. We will work collaboratively to empower local people and communities to have a say on the issues that affect them, identify their own needs and make positive change in their lives.