Are you a young person aged 15-24 who is not currently in work, education or training but interested in working in the hospitality industry?
(We are giving priority to younger people for this course, but also welcome people of any age to apply to take part!)
Check out our free Food Safety, Hygiene & Allergens workshop, which takes place from 9.30am-12pm in Bray on 29th November 2023.
This is a great qualification to get if you're looking to work handling and preparing food in a business or as a chef, kitchen staff or food handler.
The workshop is based on HACCP criteria in the Food Safety Authority of Ireland's Guide to Food Safety Training Level 1 (Stage I and II) - on completion you will understand their requirements under Irish food safety legislation and how to follow best food safety practice.
The training will cover:
- Controlling Food Safety Hazards & Food Poisoning Prevention
- Safe Food Handling – delivery to service
- Introduction to HACCP
- Allergen Awareness
- Personal Hygiene
- Important of Cleaning & Pest Control
Assessment will take place on completion of the training material and a certificate of attendance will be presented to all who complete the course.
How do I qualify for this course?
- You must be living in our area of work, which is: Bray, Delgany, Enniskerry, Greystones, Kilcoole, Kilmacanogue, Newcastle Lower or Newtownmountkennedy
- You are a young person aged 15-24 who is not currently in education, employment or training
We may also give additional priority to people who belong to one or more of these groups:
- Unemployed person
- Low income worker
- Disadvantaged woman
- From a disadvantaged family
- Lone parent
- From a new community
- Living in a disadvantaged area
- Person with a disability
- Substance misuser
This workshop is funded through our SICAP programme.