Wednesday, 26 April, 2023
Are you a local community group working in the Bray or North Wicklow area with marginalised and disadvantaged individuals?
Free five-day Meitheal Foundation Facilitation Skills course starting on 26th April 2023.
- One day a week for five weeks starting on Wednesday 26th April
- Central Bray location - lunch will be provided
- For workers in community and voluntary groups working in the Bray or North Wicklow area (if over-subscribed, priority will be given to groups working with marginalised and disadvantaged people)
- You must be able to commit to attending all five days
- Designed to ensure participants identify their training needs and develop their skills, knowledge and confidence in a safe and creative environment
- Range of training methods used including large and small group discussions, simulations, role play, games and feedback
- Participants are encouraged to reflect on their own approach and to evaluate the course throughout.
- Role and Tasks of Facilitator
- Using Games & Closing Rounds
- Active Listening Skills
- Preparation and Planning
- Facilitation Practice and Feedback
- Dealing with difficulties
Course Requirements for Meitheal Certification:
- You must attend at least 90% of the training (at least 4.5 out of the 5 days of training) and you must attend the first day of the training.
- Each participant will be given the opportunity to facilitate the group for 15 minutes and receive feedback.
Contact: email@example.com or call 01 286 8266.